Table of Contents
- Tip #1 – Know What Type of Bag You Need
- Tip #2 – Make Sure It’s Durable
- Tip #3 – Will your equipment be protected?
- Tip #4 – Pick Great Materials
- Tip #5 – Buy as Small as You Need
- Tip #6 – Pick the Right Size
- Tip #7 – How Organized You Want Your Bag
- Tip #8 – Make Sure It’s Comfortable
- Tip #9 – Don’t Forget To Buy With Style in Mind
- Tip #10 – Buy in The Right Price Range
- Tip #11 – Buy the Best Value
A backpack is an essential accessory for any man! You can comfortably take all your items with you and not have a sore hand afterward. But when buying one, you must make sure that it’s a perfect fit for you.
Then you can be sure that your best backpack will last you a lifetime and fits into your lifestyle!
But how do you find the right one?
Stay tuned to find out.
Tip #1 – Know What Type of Bag You Need
Here’s the thing. Not every bag is created equal. Some excel at some of the aspects, while other backpacks are at others. So to make a great purchasing decision, you need to understand the reason for buying it.
Are you going to use it as a daily bag for your office? Maybe it’s for hiking or camping? What about photography? Whatever the reason, write it down. That will help you to pick to correct one effortlessly.
Tip #2 – Make Sure It’s Durable
Imagine that you bought a backpack. You liked its looks, and it filled your every desire. You’ve worn in for a week, and then something happened! You tried opening it, but the zipper just came off. Not a good situation, isn’t it?
So whenever you’re buying one, make sure that it’s a great one! But how can you make sure of it? There are many ways, but one of the best methods is by looking at its stitching. If it’s a double sole one, you can be sure you found a good one.
Tip #3 – Will your equipment be protected?
When purchasing one, you should think about your daily wear. What are you going to put into this bag? Some books? Maybe a laptop? Write them down, so you know what to look for.
For example, if you’re taking a laptop with you, make sure it has a great computer sleeve. That means your computer fits perfectly and has some padding around it for protection.
Tip #4 – Pick Great Materials
While double sole stitching is usually a good sign for a quality backpack, it’s not enough. You should also be on the lookout for the materials. Most bags are made out of nylon, which is okay but not the most durable.
So instead of picking this one, you should go with one made out of cotton canvas or leather. But if these options are too pricey for you, make sure that the nylon is ballistic or non-rip.
Tip #5 – Buy as Small as You Need
It might sound practical to go with the bigger one, just in case. But that’s not the way to go! The problem with going larger is that you could overstuff your bag. And that’s not a great thing to do.
So, instead, start by asking yourself, “What do I need to take with me daily?” Then write them down, and find a bag that solves this solution.
Tip #6 – Pick the Right Size
So how do you make sure that you buy the smallest one possible? That’s by picking the correct size. There are four main types of backpacks:
- Under 19l Backpacks – These backpacks have the smallest capacity! They are usually very slim and work best for people with minimal carry. That makes it great for your tech bag or for times when you need to go to the office.
- 20L-29L Backpacks – If the previous one was a bit too tight, you might want to look for this capacity. With this, you can store a bit more, making it great for those still in school, a weekend trip, or even a camera bag.
- 30L-39L Backpacks – Now we’re getting to the bigger ones. If you have a lot to carry daily, it’s best to pick this one. Also, it makes it an excellent travel bag for shorter trips.
- 40L+ Backpacks – These bags aren’t recommended for most of you. That’s because they are too big for daily use. Instead, they should be for those looking to go hiking or camping for a few days.
Tip #7 – How Organized You Want Your Bag
Another thing to look out for is the organization. There are two main types of bags. There are ones with a more open structure and others with more structure and organization. So which one should you take? That depends on your needs, but here are the main pros and cons:
- Organized Backpack – With an organized backpack, you can be sure that your items are fully protected. Each one has its place, and nothing is hiding in the bottom of your bag. However, you’ll sacrifice room and capacity.
- Open Backback – It’s the counter opposite of the organized one. Here you have a bag with little to no pockets, which means you have a lot of room for stuff. However, you might have to search for items.
Tip #8 – Make Sure It’s Comfortable
It’s not only about the practicality and its looks. The number one thing you should look out for is that you buy a backpack that fits you. You don’t want to feel uncomfortable when wearing one. An uncomfortable bag could even lead to some back problems.
So instead, before buying anything, try it on. Add some weights inside and feel how comfortable it is. If it doesn’t feel good, don’t buy it, and go to the next one.
Tip #9 – Don’t Forget To Buy With Style in Mind
Just like with many other things, bags are an expression of yourself. So if you want to make the best first impression, you need to buy one with your style in mind. The two best materials are:
- Leather Backpacks – These backpacks are considered the most formal and stylish ones out there. They have this luxury feel and make you look like you have your shit together.
- Cotton Canvas Backpacks – This is another elegant pick for any man. These backpacks have a military heritage, so they will for sure make you look more masculine. But know this, they are more casual than leather ones.
Tip #10 – Buy in The Right Price Range
All that might sound like a lot of information. Well, if it is, then the best thing to do is remember the price ranges. Then you can be almost sure that you’ve got a good quality bag.
So if you’re looking for a great daily bag, it’s best to look for one between $30 to $350. Anything below that will break easily, and over 350 is just overkill.
However, if you’re looking for one for hiking, then be willing to go for $400-$600 if you’re going to buy from a reputable brand.
Tip #11 – Buy the Best Value
I get it. It’s hard to pick a bag when you’re on a budget. That means you’re going to have to sacrifice. But to make sure that you buy the highest quality possible. If you need then, go with ballistic nylon instead of the leather one.
Also, make sure that you check out Amazon reviews. Look at both the good (5-4 star reviews) and the bad (1-2 star reviews). That helps you make sure that the purchasing decision is best.
And those were our 11 tips on how to buy a great backpack. We hope you enjoyed our tips and that they help you with your buying decision!
Q: How do I know if a backpack is a high-quality one?
A: You need to look out for two things: the materials and the stitching. If the bag is made out of canvas or leather and has double sole stitching, you can be sure it’s a high-quality one.
Q: What makes a quality backpack?
A: Many things make a backpack a quality one! However, you should primarily lookout for materials and stitching.
Q: What should I look for in a backpack?
A: The most important thing is if it fills your activity needs. Additionally, make sure it’s comfortable to wear.
Q: What is the most durable material?
A: The best and most durable materials are leather and cotton canvas.